Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Belief and Identity

My English 11 teacher recently made a comment that I seemed to know where I stand on everything, that I seemed sure of where I am and what I am doing.  But that is far from the truth.  I may be strong in some of my core beliefs, but I believe that everyone is always confused.  Sure, you can sculpt an identity or persona, but really... is that who you are on the inside? Is a person just a some of their belief? or of there actions?  If so, what about people who act out of accordance to their beliefs? And don't tell me you have NEVER done so.  No, identity isn't that simple and neither is belief.  The simple matter of fact is... you are you.  Sure you can say someone is "fake" but what does that mean?  What exactly makes you any more real then them?  The simplest way to put identity is you are you.  Don't worry about who you are, cause in the end your still the same.  Just do what you enjoy, or what you believe is right.  Just have faith in what you believe and keep on going.

If anyone is reading this, if you ever find yourself unsure of who you are.  You are not alone and you don't need to worry.  Life is about change in discovery, so if nothing feels the same, its most likely because its not. Just because things change and people change doesn't mean that WE change.

No comments:

Post a Comment