Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Okay... I can't exactly ignore this for long...

I like men.  Looking back I always have.  I don't think there is a problem with that.   Though I am partially conflicted... I don't feel like my sexuality should be one of my biggest facets, but at the same time... I am a romantic.  I often find myself just randomly day dreaming about romantic situations.  Romance is just something that is a big part of who I am, and that drags my sexuality  more to the front then it already was.  It bothers me that I am introduced as the "gay best-friend".  It doesn't happen often, usually only once with a particular person, but its still not fun.  I am more then just a gay teen.  There is more to my interest then males.  Sure I'd be happy to drool over guys now and then, but that doesn't mean that is what happens every time I look at a a guy, so if I zone out while staring in your general direction, calm your self.  Oh, one more thing for all the unenlightened straight guys out there, not every gay worships straight guys... why the hell that ever started I'll never understand *rolls eyes*

The are only a couple things I find more aggravating regarding my sexuality.  One is when someone talks about it as a disease or as something that evolves from the way I was raised.  I am firm in my belief that you are born with it. I can't personally cope with the idea that it is a mental illness or a complex brought upon me by my upbringing.

Another thing, sexuality is a confusing thing.  Not everyone falls directly on one side or the other. Their is the middle ground, and then there are people off of it entirely.  Their is pan, bi, asexual  and so many more.  That is okay! That is great! Diversity is a good thing.  If you find yourself a bit on the edge between, don't worry bout it, It doesn't mean anything is wrong with you.

The other is when someone explains my behavior or interest with "Of course! You're gay!!!".  Being gay has nothing to do with the fact that I enjoy shopping, or the fact that I like bright colors, or any other part of my identity.  Sexuality is independent of interest.  It would be like if I said "Of course your into Nike clothes! Your straight!

No comments:

Post a Comment