Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Time

There is a delicate balance between doing not enough and way too much.  When you don't have a lot of free time, days begin to blur together, you start to get irritable and loose track of things you enjoy.  I recently came to the realization that I haven't had time to draft a Magic: The Gathering deck in 3 weeks.    This is one of the things I enjoy most, and I typically come up with two or three a week.  After that I also realized that I haven't watched the past 3 episodes of any of my favorite shows, or played any of my plethora of video games.  The only thing I have managed to keep up with has been the online stories I read before I go to bed at night. 

The problem for me is that whenever I WOULD have free time, my parents like to give me things to do.  They don't seem to understand that Swimming, Interning, and After-School clubs aren't exactly free time.  They just see them as what I do with my free time.  Forgetting the fact that they practically shoved me into most of it, even if I do enjoy and benefit from it.  I would never pack this much stuff into my schedule myself.

That being said, I don't want to end up like my brother.  He spends all of his time just mindlessly playing random FPS games and just laying around doing nothing  He has all the time in the world so he no longer knows what to do with it.  He becomes a non-being, one who simply exist.  He doesn't do anything constructive or creative.

It is hard to find a balance between the two different situations.  You need to find enough time to yourself to relax and unwind with your favorite shows, games, or other non club hobbies.  But it is still important to be part of things outside of home.  I am struggling to find this balance now, since my parents obviously don't understand my limitations.

I am hoping to unwind a bit this weekend by hanging out with my boyfriend this weekend! I been missing him something awful and talking on skype can only do so much to help!  Feel free to post any of your own opinions below! Or just leave a comment to let me know you read it!  I will try to  respond to everyone as soon as possible (not that that will be too hard giving the number of known followers, but you never know *crosses fingers*).

No comments:

Post a Comment